Re: [opensuse] Building a mid-range desktop PC - lower cost MB/CPU/video solution?
Mikhail Ramendik composed on 2016-06-10 20:07 (UTC+0100):

Felix Miata wrote:

You also get a compact display and keyboard.

Both are handicaps that make them little better than useless to some people,
e.g. touch typists, and people who value their limited eyesight.

Well, I don't see the problem if the laptop has a digital monitor
output (HDMI/DVI/DisplayPort). You can connect your own stuff and just
ignore the laptop's. Better yet some have docking stations.

Great, two keyboards per PC to catch coffee spills and hairballs. :-p

Last I remember, none of the DEs had a decent solution to problems caused by typical pixel density differences between laptop screens and external displays. It's a can of worms better avoided, especially by those with less than outstanding vision.

And, when did longevity of laptops quit being less than half that of desktops? A (modular) PC can usually be fixed, and quickly, with generic parts, when something breaks.

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/