Re: [opensuse] Building a mid-range desktop PC - lower cost MB/CPU/video solution?
  • From: Mikhail Ramendik <mr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2016 16:55:32 +0100
On 10 June 2016 at 13:38, Billie Walsh <bilwalsh@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I won't buy anything but AMD based computers. It's been my experience
that they just work. No fuss. No bother. I don't know how true it is now
days but it used to be that an AMD and an Intel of roughly equal specs,
the AMD would outperform the Intell.

I prefer Intel for Linux because drivers just work. For AMD internal
graphics you often have to work on setup.

Yes, AMD often performs better, especially in the GPU department. I
don't think there is a reliability difference.

And, never less that a 500 watt power supply for a desktop. if it has
less than a 500 watt I replace it with a 500 watt.

Agreed. But I'd see the build quality and efficiency and low-noise
design as even more important.

--
Yours, Mikhail Ramendik