[opensuse] How to read/convert .pdb files from Palm Tungsten E2?
I am using openSUSE-13.1.

I have a bunch of .pdb files which I downloaded from my old Palm
Tungsten E2. I would like to convert several of the to useable formats
so the info can be imported in to more current, Linux deaktop apps. Any
ideas how I can do it?

I have tried the apps in the palm-db-tools rpm
(palm-db-tools-0.3.6-273.1.2.x86_64), but they do not seem to recognize
the .pdb files DB format and, if I add an additional cmdline flag to set
the DB type as in the manual.txt file, I get other, strange errors.

The files I would like to be able to access and/or convert include:

ContactsDB-PAdd.pdb
CalendarDB-PDat.pdb
MemoDB.pdb

The most urgent one at this time is the Contacts DB.

I have not tried the other pilot-xfer tools or the jpilot app since they
are oriented more toward interacting with the Palm device itself.
However, since I have already downloaded the DB files from the device, I
believe it may be easier to interact directly with them.

So far, I have only copied the files from the Palm device to the Linux
using pilot-xfer and have tried to view them. I now have an need for
some of the data in the files and so am only now asking for this help.

I'd like to do the conversions before all knowledge of such things
evaporates from this earth forever and no one remembers the palm
devices or any thing about them.

Thanks!

--Phil

--