Re: [opensuse] apache 2.4 performance issue / processwire.
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2016 14:10:31 +0200
Carlos E. R. wrote:

On 2016-06-09 08:06, Per Jessen wrote:
Carlos E. R. wrote:

On 2016-06-08 15:18, Per Jessen wrote:

I count 184 open() call, of which 157 on '/srv/www/vhosts'. 176
calls of access(), and 15136 x lstat64().

There is another tool that says how much time is used on each zone
or call. Ah, a profiler. Maybe thousands of calls to the same
function is the issue, or maybe not because the i/o is cached.

But I don't remember how to use a profiler in Linux this instant.

If it were C-code, no problem, but it's PHP. Regardless, it's not so
important how much time is spent where, it's about reducing the time
from 4 seconds to 1 second.

Well, exactly. Find out the line(s) in the source code where most time
is spent.

Already done - 15000 calls of lstat().

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (18.0°C)