Re: [opensuse] apache 2.4 performance issue / processwire.
On 06/09/2016 02:05 AM, Per Jessen wrote:

Why is a screenshot so important?
To get on the screen it must have come from somewhere.
Why no make use of that original somewhere?
It depends on what you need it for. If you just like the background
image and want to use it on your desktop, copying the original
(Ctrl-I -> Media -> Save as) is the better option, but if you want to
document what it looked like on your screen, well ....

That still makes no sense to me.

If "what it looked like on your screen" means all the framing & menu and
stuff from the desktop manager or application, then yes, that's what it
looks like on your scree, ksnapshot "full screen" as opposed to
ksnapshot "rectangular region". If you're documenting a !FAILURE! then
you'll want to show the context as wel.

But if all you're saving is the image, sorry, no, you're still not
making sense.
What it looked like on the screen is an artefact of the display tool and
as long as you use the same display tool and the same source you should
get the same result, unless you fiddle around with your monitor settings
colour scheme in between time. I can well imagine a situation where I
*want* to examine the difference something gets displayed in different
tools or different colour scheme settings. Just the opposite of what
you seem to be saying.