Re: [opensuse] Re: dhcpv6-pd
On June 8, 2016 9:46:52 AM EDT, Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

James Knott wrote:

Please note what I said about my host name. It never changes, so
no matter how often the address changes, it shouldn't be a
problem, so long as the ISP keeps the DNS in sync with the DHCP
server. Anyone with a consistent host name should be able to do
the same. As an experiment, check your current IP address and do
a host look up. Then check again, after the address changes. If
you have the same host name, you can use an alias.

I see lots of a dynamic range IP-addresses, I would say the majority are
of the standard form "192.168.99.88
<http://192.168.99.88>.[ppoe|adsl|dyn].something.etc".
Might be hard to notice a fixed one. I tried finding yours James, but
in one of your emails, I only see yahoo addresses.

I also noticed that about my address. I don't know what Yahoo does for
that. BTW my ISP uses Yahoo for email.