Re: [opensuse] Re: dhcpv6-pd
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2016 15:46:52 +0200
James Knott wrote:

Please note what I said about my host name. It never changes, so no
matter how often the address changes, it shouldn't be a problem, so
long as the ISP keeps the DNS in sync with the DHCP server. Anyone
with a consistent host name should be able to do the same.

As an experiment, check your current IP address and do a host look up.
Then check again, after the address changes. If you have the same
host name, you can use an alias.

I see lots of a dynamic range IP-addresses, I would say the majority are
of the standard form "192.168.99.88.[ppoe|adsl|dyn].something.etc".
Might be hard to notice a fixed one. I tried finding yours James, but
in one of your emails, I only see yahoo addresses.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (17.9°C)