Re: [opensuse] apache 2.4 performance issue / processwire.
On 2016-06-08 13:35, Per Jessen wrote:
Carlos E. R. wrote:

I would run apache single-threaded with strace, but I can't on a
production server :-)

You can attach to a PID of an already running process. strace can
attach to children automatically, but I don't know if you can do that
with PID.

Yes, but I can't tell which apache thread is going to run my request.
Hmm, I guess I could strace all of them ....

Yes, that is what I meant.

-f Trace child processes as they are created by currently
traced processes as a result of the fork(2), vfork(2) and clone(2)
system calls. Note that -p PID -f will attach all threads of
process PID if it is multi-threaded, not only thread with
thread_id = PID.

-ff If the -o filename option is in effect, each processes
trace is written to filename.pid where pid is the numeric process
id of each process. This is incompatible with -c, since no
per-process counts are kept.

-b syscall If specified syscall is reached, detach from traced process.
Currently, only execve syscall is supported. This option is
useful if you want to trace multi-threaded process and
therefore require -f, but don't want to trace its (potentially
very complex) children.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)