Re: [opensuse] Re: dhcpv6-pd
On 2016-06-08 14:29, James Knott wrote:
On 06/08/2016 07:20 AM, Carlos E. R. wrote:

Please note what I said about my host name. It never changes, so no
matter how often the address changes, it shouldn't be a problem, so long
as the ISP keeps the DNS in sync with the DHCP server. Anyone with a
consistent host name should be able to do the same.

Ahh... I see.

As an experiment, check your current IP address and do a host look up.

Not found. 3(NXDOMAIN)

:-(

The one I had early May, is built from the IP, not the MAC:

cer@AmonLanc:~> host 88.1.245.4
4.245.1.88.in-addr.arpa domain name pointer
4.red-88-1-245.dynamicip.rima-tde.net.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)

< Previous Next >