Re: [opensuse] USB connected camera
  • From: ianseeks <ianseeks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2016 09:46:38 +0100
I've also sent this to the factory mailing list

On Wednesday, 8 June 2016 09:40:47 BST ianseeks wrote:
Hi

I've been happily connecting my camera and downloading to digikam over the
years now i'm getting a connection error.

The device notifier recognises the camera when connecting. Digikam can auto
detect it but as soon as you try to access it (via digikam or dolphin or
gwnview) it throws up an error.

In gwenview the error shows this at the top of the viewing pane
"Camera:/Nikon %2520DSC%2520D5000%2520(PTP%2520mode)@usb:001,008"

In dolphin it shows "camera:/" in the file/folder area above the viewing
pane then shows this error just below that "Unknown error code 150, I/O
problem Please send a full bug report at http://bugs.kde.org."; and in the
viewing pane it has a folder called Nikon DSC D5000 (PTP mode).

This problem has unfortunately coincided with the installation of the latest
digikam via "zypper dup"

I will log the error but i think i might need more info to add to the log.

Any ideas?

Regards

Ian