Re: [opensuse] Re: dhcpv6-pd
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2016 07:55:43 +0200
James Knott wrote:

On 2016-06-07 21:19, James Knott wrote:
On 06/07/2016 03:16 PM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
He was talking about announcing back to the WAN. That means back
to the
ISP. I don't know how you read it otherwise.
WAN in this case refers to the socket labelled "WAN" in that
internal router, not to the real "WAN". It connects to LAN-1
And what does that "WAN" connect to? Unless I'm seriously mistaken,
it
connects to his ADSL modem, which in turn connects back to the ISP?
Is
there some other "WAN" in this context?
The WAN of the internal router connects to the LAN of the ISP facing
router.

LAN-1 LAN-2
internet---Router 1------------Router 2------
ISP WAN ··· LAN WAN ··· LAN

]> In this instance, there are 2 sides of a router, the LAN side and
the
]> WAN. LAN means the local network and WAN faces the ISP. He says
he has
]> to advertise to the WAN side. That means he has to send info back
]> the ISP. There is no other possible meaning of that.

The WAN of router 2 advertises to LAN-1, not to the ISP.

Where does he say he has 2 routers?

https://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse/2016-06/msg00056.html
https://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse/2016-06/msg00236.html

--