Re: [opensuse] Re: dhcpv6-pd
On 06/07/2016 09:35 PM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
On 2016-06-07 23:07, Koenraad Lelong wrote:
Op 07-06-16 om 21:25 schreef Carlos E. R.:

I asked my ISP when they would provide "consumer"-users with static ipv6
prefixes. They answered : no plans.
Sigh.

Unless we force the authorities to force the ISPs to do the good thing
and not be so greedy.

Of course, by "static", does the ISP mean addresses permanently assigned
to the customer, rather than just not likely to change? Those are 2
different things. As I mentioned, my address, though dhcp, is virtually
static. A business user would like have a permanent address that will
never change. I'd like to know what happens when he resolves the
unstable ADSL modem issue.