Re: [opensuse] Re: dhcpv6-pd
On 06/07/2016 03:06 PM, Per Jessen wrote:
James Knott wrote:

On 06/07/2016 01:35 PM, Per Jessen wrote:
James Knott wrote:

On 06/07/2016 12:24 PM, Per Jessen wrote:
How are you supposed to announce routes? That's normally done
with a
routing protocol, such as OSPF, RIP etc.. Linux supports a few
methods.
Probably with radvd.
Radvd announces the prefix to the local LAN, not back to the ISP.
Nobody is talking about announcing anything "back" - Koenraad said :

Got a response from AVM (my modem/router is a Fritzbox 7490). It
seems I have to announce routes also
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Ummm...

He was talking about announcing back to the WAN. That means back to
the ISP. I don't know how you read it otherwise.
Umm..., I just read his prose.

on the "WAN" side of my linux-router (so "internal" side of the
modem/router).
I don't see how I can paraphrase that to make it any clearer.

In this instance, there are 2 sides of a router, the LAN side and the
WAN. LAN means the local network and WAN faces the ISP. He says he has
to advertise to the WAN side. That means he has to send info back to
the ISP. There is no other possible meaning of that.