Re: [opensuse] Authoring Looping DVD's
  • From: Dave Plater <dplater.list@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2016 20:01:12 +0200

On 07/06/2016 16:23, Lew Wolfgang wrote:
On 06/06/2016 10:44 PM, Dave Plater wrote:
Carlos is correct, if you find any needed software that depends on any
of the wodim binaries let me know and I'll fix the problem.
cdrkit-cdrtools-compat
genisoimage
icedax
These are all replacements for cdrtools binaries but haven't been
maintained for quite a while.

Hi Dave,

DVDStyler seems to have installed okay by selecting these in zypper:

Solution 1: deinstallation of cdrkit-cdrtools-compat-1.1.11-20.1.7.x86_64
Solution 1: deinstallation of icedax-1.1.11-20.1.7.x86_64

It starts up and seems happy until I try to "burn" a title. It complains:

[NULL @ 0x221e120] Requested output format 'dvd' is not a suitable
output format
/tmp/dvd-cache/entry001.vob: Invalid argument
Error transcoding of /export/ssd/wolfgang/home/Sdrm/video/working/test.mpeg

I must be doing something wrong, but I've got to go to work now so will
try this again later.

Thanks for your help!
Lew

I only trust DVDStyler to make iso images, although it most probably works, I leave the burning to k3b or if you don't have kde use brasero.
Make sure you select "jump to title 1" in "post command" at the bottom of title 1's properties box (right click title 1) to loop the dvd.
Try the spanner configuration icon at the top. I've had the same configuration for ages.
It uses ffmpeg, dvd+rw-tools and dvdauthor packages as well as cdrtools, make sure they're up to date.
If you continue to have a problem I'll dig a little deeper.
Regards
Dave P