Re: [opensuse] Re: dhcpv6-pd
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 07 Jun 2016 12:58:12 +0200
Koenraad Lelong wrote:

Op 07-06-16 om 12:17 schreef Carlos E. R.:
The router gets the prefix from the ISP, I understand. Everything
connected to the router should get that prefix.

Or, everything gets a non-routable prefix instead, and the router
does NAT (or something).

I think there is a misunderstanding.
I get a /56 prefix from my ISP, i.e. 256 /64 subnets.
Hosts directly attached to the router get an address in some /64
subnet (say #00).

Right. 2001:db8::

There I can add another router (my linux-firewall),
so its "external" interface gets an address in that first prefix
(#00).

2001:db8::2

The "internal" interface gets an address in another /64 subnet (via
PD, some subnet other than #00)).

2001:db8::1:1

And these internal addresses are unknown to the first router (I think,
or is there some ipv6 magic ?).

How does your internal network get a /64 network?

radvd should only emit to the internal interface, isn't it ?

radvd will use whatever interfaces it's configured for. Is it your
radvd or the one of the dsl router?

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (22.2°C)