Re: [opensuse] Re: dhcpv6-pd
Op 03-06-16 om 13:49 schreef Per Jessen:

I meant running one's own ipv6 router is not mainstream, not whether PD
is used by the provider. I'm sure the latter is already mainstream.

Was busy trying with pfSense ;-).

Maybe the setup is not mainstream, but what's the point of getting a /56 prefix when you can't use all of the subnets ?
At the moment I don't really need all the subnets, but how I'm going to use ipv6 on my internal network when at any moment my addresses can change ? Of course I could just use the network right behind the dsl-modem/router but I prefer having a linux firewall between my internal network and the wild wide web.

An extra problem is my dsl-modem/router. Its firewall is too limited. Standard all inboud traffic is blocked which is OK. You can allow traffic through for a host (all or individual ports). But you can only specify the host-part of the ipv6-address. That means hosts on a different subnet are not reachable. But that's not on topic here.