Re: [opensuse] Mounting removable media into fixed mount points?
  • From: Dave Plater <dplater.list@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2016 17:11:14 +0200

On 06/06/2016 08:37, Mikhail Ramendik wrote:
Hello,

OpenSUSE Leap with KDE mounts removable media into unique paths like
/run/mesia/user/label.

This is good when one wants to use a GUI, but not great for accesing a
CD/DVD or USB flash drive using a command line.

Is there a way to also mount them, as aliases, into fixed mount
points, such as /media/dvd or /media/flash?

Thanks!

My method of overcoming the long path to /run/media/user/ was to make a link in / to /run/media/user and after mounting the device I simply cd to /media/label.
Regards
Dave P