Re: [opensuse] amazon.com not working in chrome
  • From: "Aaron Digulla" <digulla@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2016 16:02:04 +0200

Am Sonntag, 05. Juni 2016 14:25 CEST, "tech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
<tech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> schrieb:

So amazon.com is not working in chrome while I am running opensuse Leap
42.1 an any of my 3 machines. If I go to that page in firefox, it works.
If I boot into windows and open amazon.com in chrome in windows, it

works. But in linux, when I open amazon.com, I get this error:

-----------------------
HTTP Status 500 - Request processing failed; nested exception is
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid locale format: fil

type Exception report

message Request processing failed; nested exception is
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid locale format: fil

description The server encountered an internal error that prevented it
from fulfilling this request.

exception

org.springframework.web.util.NestedServletException: Request processing
failed; nested exception is java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid
locale format: fil

org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.processRequest(FrameworkServlet.java:981)

org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.doGet(FrameworkServlet.java:860)
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:624)

org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.service(FrameworkServlet.java:845)
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:731)

org.springframework.web.servlet.view.InternalResourceView.renderMergedOutputModel(InternalResourceView.java:168)

org.springframework.web.servlet.view.AbstractView.render(AbstractView.java:303)

This is a server side error. It doesn't matter what Java version(s) you have
locally.

And I hope that you disabled the Java browser plugin years ago. It's a huge
security hole (despite Oracle's efforts).

From the error, my guess is that your browser tells the server that your
preferred language is "fil". Language codes are 2 letter (de, us, uk, fr,
...). 3 letter language codes as defined by the ISO standard aren't supported
by Java or the web.

Check your locale settings and preferences like the value of the env variable
LANG and your browser's language preferences.

Regards,

http://blog.pdark.de/