Re: [opensuse] Secondary keyboard?
On 06/06/2016 01:42 AM, Mikhail Ramendik wrote:
Hello,

My system has a primary language (English UK) and a secondary language
(Russian). I'd like to install a secondary keyboard too.

But YaST only lets me choose one system keyboard layout.

How can I get the secondary keyboard to work, apart from manually
editing x.org configuration?

I'm using a US keyboard yet sometimes need some German Umlauts.
With the following, I can toggle between the 2 layouts by pressing
the - otherwise unused - Right Win key:

setxkbmap -layout us,de -variant ,nodeadkeys \
-option grp:rwin_toggle,grp_led:scroll

When the 'de' layout is active, the Scroll Lock LED is on. ;-)
I've put the above into my ~/.xinitrc.
FWIW I'm using 'openbox' as window manager, but this should
also work with others.

Have a nice day,
Berny