Re: [opensuse] Secondary keyboard?
On 06/05/2016 07:42 PM, Mikhail Ramendik wrote:
Hello,

My system has a primary language (English UK) and a secondary language
(Russian). I'd like to install a secondary keyboard too.

But YaST only lets me choose one system keyboard layout.

How can I get the secondary keyboard to work, apart from manually
editing x.org configuration?

I seem to recall years ago on my laptop a widget in the bottom panel
that was a language chooser. I used to to switch between the British
and American keyboard layouts as the laptop had a English keyboard even
though my fingers now the American keyboard.

That far back it might well have been the Gnome desktop of that era; I
can't see one, or at least don't have one loaded, for KDE4.

(This is one reason I've not bought a laptop recently; here in the GWN
they all seem to have the GovCan approved Quebec/French layout. Its not
that they keys are labelled differently, they are different shapes.)