Re: [opensuse] On Hubs and Horse Whips
On 2016-06-05 16:52, Anton Aylward wrote:
On 06/05/2016 10:23 AM, Carlos E. R. wrote:

I just had a look at my local shop, and they don't even sell ethernet
hubs. If someone sells today a hub for someone to install at home, I
consider that a swindle. Pure swindle.

The section is called "hubs and switches" in that shop. But looking
carefully, all the hubs are "USB switches". I sorted the page by price,
hopping to see "hub". But none I could see for ethernet. Some very cheap
items, though, under 10€.

http://www.pccomponentes.com/hubs_switchs.html

D-Link GO-SW-5E/E Switch 10/100 5 Puertos - Hub/Switch

But it is a switch, it has a MAC table, store and forward... And 9.95€

That web parlance doesn't know a hub from a switch. But looking at the
details of they actually sell, all are switches. Well, all those I
looked at.

At those prices, there is no justification for hubs.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)

< Previous Next >