[opensuse] Re: OFF-LIST Do you think this can be done? I'm not sure
On 06/04/2016 08:18 PM, Anton Aylward wrote:
So?
My point is that, like buggy whips and horses, its still being made and
sold.

Still being made? I doubt that. Why would anyone still make something
that's so inferior to what's current? What possible use could there be
when switches are so much better. At least whips still have a use with
horses, as there hasn't been something better developed. That hub, from
1998 would be among the last of those devices, as by the mid 90s,
switches were appearing. At the time, hubs were still cheaper, but that
day has long gone. And even a 10 Mb switch can outperform a 10 Mb hub
by a wide margin and 100 Mb hubs had barely arrived, when they disappeared.