Re: [opensuse] Re: OFF-LIST Do you think this can be done? I'm not sure

On 06/04/2016 03:28 PM, James Knott wrote:
On 06/04/2016 01:14 PM, Anton Aylward wrote:
The 755 has 4 Ethernet ports; the Netgear has 8 Ethernet ports.
Physically I can connect a port of each with a patch cable, but I have
to turn off DHCP; That means I have to reconfigure all my devices to
use static addresses.

Actually, there's no problem with more than one dhcp server, provided
there's some means to keep them from handing out the same address to
different devices. While many do this automagically, the easiest is to
have separate address blocks, within the subnet, for each to hand out.

I find that setting all your peripherals to static ip addresses simplifies things greatly.
If you have more than one computer on your LAN, set them each to separate ips also.
Then you can ping things and find out if they're being connected and recognized, etc.

--doug