Re: [opensuse] ipv6 and wicked
04.06.2016 00:52, Jeremy Baker пишет:
On 06/03/2016 05:28 PM, James Knott wrote:
On 06/03/2016 04:23 PM, Jeremy Baker wrote:
I had no trouble getting dhcpcd to work on Leap, but my connection was
pppoe with teksavvy and handled entirely outside of the standard suse
configuration - wicked only know about the underlying network interface,
not ppp0
How did you get your prefix?

my /etc/ppp/ip-up script was as follows

echo 2 > /proc/sys/net/ipv6/conf/ppp0/accept_ra
echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv6/conf/ppp0/forwarding
dhcpcd -6 --noipv4ll -t 0 ppp0 &
sleep 20
service radvd restart

What openSUSE version?

Do you use radvd to redistribute prefix received by dhcpcd? Could you
show config files for dhcpcd and radvd?

Why do you restart radvd? Ny understanding is, it should be notified of
new address on interface and automatically pick it for prefix distribution.
My version is Leap 42.1

I am using radvd to distribute prefix to clients. I would restart it
after a brief wait because there were times when it would start before
the prefix was assigned, and it didn't appear to have the functionality
you describe above.

my dhcpcd.conf:

noipv6rs
interface ppp0