Re: [opensuse] ipv6 and wicked
On 06/03/2016 03:39 PM, Per Jessen wrote:
James Knott wrote:

On 06/03/2016 11:21 AM, Herbert Graeber wrote:
I am looking for a solution for IPv6 PD, too. But I must admit I was
scared by thas monster mail thread over the last days, which was
mostly off topic. Maybe there are more openSUSE users who felt the
same and skipped that thread.
As mentioned, openSUSE doesn't yet handle dhcpv6-pd. I switched to
pfsense and it works well.
What does pfsense use? dhcpcd? Whatever it is should work just as well
on openSUSE.

I installed the latest version of dpcpcd, which supports dhpcv6-pd.
However, no matter what I tried, I couldn't get it to obtain the
prefix. Often it wouldn't even get the IPv6 address for the WAN
interface. I had wicked configured for IPv4 dhcp and dhcpcd configured
for IPv6 dhcp.

pfsense is build on FreeBSD, but I'm not sure what method it uses to
deal with dhcpv6-pd. It just works. I downloaded it, burned the CD,
installed it and had it working in under 2 hours.