Re: [opensuse] Email Server
  • From: Vojtěch Zeisek <vojtech.zeisek@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 03 Jun 2016 20:59:38 +0200
Dne pátek 3. června 2016 14:53:51 CEST, James Knott napsal(a):
On 06/03/2016 10:48 AM, Paul Groves wrote:
I am looking to set up an email server (on my existing home server).

Any recommendations? I want the basic abilities (smtp imap and pop /
mail groups / address books etc.) It will mainly be used with my
wordpress / osticket installs as well as forwarding emails to lists.

I have not set up a linux mail server before so would not know where
to start.
The server is opensuse 42.1 64-bit

Dovecot is a good bet. It supports IMAPS. SMTP is a different issue
and address books are a function of the email client.

If he is looking for syncing of address book and or calendars, it requires
some server-side support. One possibility is to install ownCloud to sync files,
calendars and address books or use some full-featured groupware like Kolab or
Horde. But there are of course more possibilities...

--
Vojtěch Zeisek

Komunita openSUSE GNU/Linuxu
Community of the openSUSE GNU/Linux