Re: [opensuse] Re: dhcpv6-pd
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 03 Jun 2016 13:49:47 +0200
James Knott wrote:

On 06/03/2016 02:41 AM, Per Jessen wrote:
IMHO not a cornercase.
Perhaps not, but hardly mainstream either :-)

From https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prefix_delegation
"DHCPv6 Prefix Delegation is supported by most ISPs who provide native
IPv6 for consumers on fixed networks."

Also, another ISP in my area, that's been providing IPv6 for a while
has switched from static configuration to dhcpv6-pd,
https://www.bidon.ca/fr/random/2014-01-02-teksavvy-ipv6-dhcpv6pd

Comcast, a major U.S. ISP, also uses it. So, it's certainly will be
mainstream, if not already.

I meant running one's own ipv6 router is not mainstream, not whether PD
is used by the provider. I'm sure the latter is already mainstream.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (18.9°C)