Re: [opensuse] ipv6 and wicked
Op 02-06-16 om 21:13 schreef Per Jessen:
My recommendation is to go with pfsense, at least until the openSUSE
developers quit putting eye candy ahead of function.

Just to learn about it, I might well do that.

James, be a little reasonable - the guys writing e.g. wicked and the
network support have little need for eye candy. Most of the people out
there on IPv6 probably have a router supplied by the provider which
happily takes of it. Needing/wanting to build your own IPv6 router
with this support is a bit of a cornercase, I would say. Might also be
difficult to find a suitable test environment.

My dsl-modem gets a /56 prefix. Afther that I put another box, namely the suse-box. After that I have an internal network. In that situation you have to use PD when the ISP does not hand out static prefixes. IMHO not a cornercase.
I used my setup to try this also with Ubuntu (14.04LTS). AFAIK it's the same problem, it does not support PD.

James, I read the thread, or at least I tried to follow it, but it diverted to Voip and more. I couldn't find a conclusion. Now I know you chose pfsense.

Thanks all,

Koenraad.