Re: [opensuse] Re: the price of books
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2016 20:59:22 +0200
Daniel Bauer wrote:

Am 02.06.2016 um 14:07 schrieb Per Jessen:
Carlos E. R. wrote:

In this case, I want paper, and amazon.es wants 60€ for that, used.

https://www.amazon.es/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?__mk_es_ES=%C3%85M%C3%85%C5%BD%C3%95%C3%91&url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=+IPv6+Essentials%2C+3rd+Edition+by+Silvia+Hagen

Something must be driving up the price of books in Spain?

this is geotargeting. More and more websites show different prices for
different countries, first and foremost travel agencies and flight
tickets.

That has been like that for more than twenty years. I used to work in
the airline industry, I know quite well how to get the best car rental
prices. Nothing new about it at all. Airlines tickets, yep - train
tickets, they're catching up.
However, inside the EU there is little reason for such big price
differences on e.g. consumer goods, unless they're produced locallyor
unless they;re subject to local taxation or price regulation.
Read "little reason" == "it's illegal".

Also many sites now adjust the prices to your consumer behaviour, via
your history on their site or via tracking you thru the web. If they
think you like to purchase expensive goods, the prices go up for you.

That one is new to me, I guess it's possible, but I would hate to have
to write te book-keeping system.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (17.5°C)