Re: [opensuse] /etc/procmailrc permissions problem
On 2016-06-01 17:07, Bjoern Voigt wrote:
Carlos E. R. wrote:
Ah, yes, you are right.

I remember a release note when SuSE switched from Sendmail to Postfix
that may be relevant to this, but I don't remember the details and I
failed to locate it.

I think the issue was that postfix would never run as root, so procmail
failed to send mail to "root". I find references to this here:
http://postfix.1071664.n5.nabble.com/Invoking-procmail-with-suid-root-tp66760p66766.html

«Postfix does not execute (mail) commands as root, period. Please
follow Fedora instructions for mail configuration. // Wietse»
Nice to know. But I use Sendmail as MTA. Sendmail calls Procmail.
Procmail delivers mails with "deliver" from Dovecot IMAP.

Ah... That's why. I was wandering why you had "root" as owner of that
folder using procmail, because it should be impossible. Postfix would be
using the uid of the local user on the destination of that mail.
Sendmail doesn't do that.

This brings me to the idea, that I can write a script, which switches
the UID to user "malware" with "su" or "sudo" first and then calls
Dovecot's "deliver" to deliver the malware mail to user "malware".
/etc/procmailrc can call this custom script.

Yes, could work.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)

< Previous Next >