Re: [opensuse] /etc/procmailrc permissions problem
* Bjoern Voigt <bjoernv@xxxxxxxx> [06-01-16 10:26]:
Bjoern Voigt wrote:
/etc/procmailrc
# ... malware scanner etc.

Don't use /etc/procmailrc! To invoke procmail as <user>, make
~/.procmailrc and recipies in another file called from ~/.procmailrc

I believe this will solve your permissions problems. I use procmail and
employe it that way.

+1

I do too; I use spamc for SpamAssassin that sets a flag, and have a
series of scripts that determine "SPAM-ness" and process by degree[1].

I also note that the SpamAssassin package had a procmailrc file that
begins ...

# SpamAssassin sample procmailrc
# ==============================

# The following line is only used if you use a system-wide /etc/procmailrc.
# See procmailrc(5) for infos on what it exactly does, the short version:
# * It ensures that the correct user is passed to spamd if spamc is used
# * The folders the mail is filed to later on is owned by the user, not
# root.

My procmailrc does some preprocessing (such as my known whitelist and
know blacklist, so as relieve SpamAssassin of some load) then and only
then pipes though spamc.

On return I have a series of rules nested under

:0 H

You could append

to that.

[1] This an other lists are smart in that they are plain text and don't
use attachments. Not all lists are smart; some idiots still use HTML
mail. Eventually I recognise them and whitelist them, but along the way
I need to differentiate them from the outrageous stuff that needs to be
dropped on the floor immediately.