Re: [opensuse] php / apache error
On Mon, May 23, 2016 at 4:33 AM, Paul Groves <paul.groves.787@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have a strange problem on OpenSUSE 42.1 where apache seems to stop
itself ever few days for no obvious reason. Restarting it works and
all the websites work fine.

How can I find the error log in 42.1? I have tried all the usual
places in the apache and php documentation but the log file(s) are
nowhere to be found!

Thanks

I recently had a similar issue with 13.2

Do you have free disk space? (I did)

Are your logs rotating? (mine weren't)

=== to verify logrotate is active ===
Is the logrotate timer active?
systemctl list-timers

If not:
systemctl enable logrotate.timer # enables at boot time
systemctl start logrotate.timer # and start it now

Should now be active:
systemctl list-timers (now lists logrotate.timer)