Re: [opensuse] Off-Topic: sending details (in)securely via email
On 2016-05-31 05:40, Greg Freemyer wrote:
The thread was TL:DR, but for the initial request, I send encrypted
zip files as attachments fairly often.

If the email sending won't allow that, I upload the encrypted zips to
a website in a temp folder and leave it there until the recipient says
they have it.

There is a problem with that. Once the recipient opens the zip archive
(I have found some that do not know how to do this!), they will save the
documents in clear in a folder, and possibly transmit it again to
somebody else, in clear.

There is thus some advantage with sending a protected PDF file instead,
it will always be protected and saved that way. It did not occur to me
to send photos of documents this way, though.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)