Re: [opensuse] Off-Topic: sending details (in)securely via email
  • From: Roger Price <roger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 May 2016 12:27:39 +0200 (CEST)
On Mon, 30 May 2016, gumb wrote:

However, this is in danger of becoming a war between me and my employer. I'm principally concerned just with the transmission of the info, since that's something partially within my direct control. What they then do with it is their responsibility and I can only influence by quizzing them and citing regulations, which isn't going to win me any favours.

Their original email request doesn't state anything about the reason or intended use of the information, which some of the documents on the CNIL site suggest should have been made clear, so when they send the next reminder I might ask for clarification.

If the business is sufficiently large then your "délégué du personnel" is your friend. Don't stick your head out. It's their job to ask the questions. If you can provide the question and the regulatory reference, then you are helping them.

Roger
< Previous Next >