Re: [opensuse] Off-Topic: sending details (in)securely via email
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 May 2016 20:31:36 +0200
gumb wrote:

On 29/05/16 20:20, Per Jessen wrote:
gumb wrote:

On 29/05/16 19:15, Per Jessen wrote:
gumb wrote:
They want me to send a scan of it to them via email. In the past
I've refrained from sending scans of such sensitive documents by
an inherently insecure system, so I've been holding off these last
few weeks.

Yep, completely agree, I wouldn't do that either.

Since I won't be passing by the office in person anytime soon,
aside from putting a photocopy in the post, what would you advise?

Recorded mail. Alternatively, maybe making a copy available on a
website with encryption and password protection. A bit like an
escrow site.

I've considered both these. Recorded mail will be 4 euros. After
which she'll probably scan it and email it to HQ.

This where I'd usually say - "you've got to trust someone sometime",
ones employer is probably not the worst place to begin :-)

This is the same employer who sends out mails with hundreds of
employees' private addresses all CC'd for everybody to view. Many of
the recipients are temps who only spend weeks or even days in the job.
That's why I really don't want them getting hold of another of my
email addresses.

Umm, point taken. I guess you're sure you want to work for these
guys? :-)

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (15.4°C)