Re: [opensuse] Off-Topic: sending details (in)securely via email
On 29/05/16 19:15, Per Jessen wrote:
gumb wrote:
They want me to send a scan of it to them via email. In the past I've
refrained from sending scans of such sensitive documents by an
inherently insecure system, so I've been holding off these last few
weeks.

Yep, completely agree, I wouldn't do that either.

Since I won't be passing by the office in person anytime soon, aside
from putting a photocopy in the post, what would you advise?

Recorded mail. Alternatively, maybe making a copy available on a
website with encryption and password protection. A bit like an escrow
site.

I've considered both these. Recorded mail will be 4 euros. After which she'll probably scan it and email it to HQ.

As for the latter option, I imagine it isn't going to improve relations. She already considers me to be at times awkward! But it might be more practical.

I'll look into James' suggestion of Google Drive. Not that I particularly want Google manhandling my private info either, but evils, lesser, etc..