Re: [opensuse] Asterisk
On 2016-05-28 21:24, Per Jessen wrote:
Carlos E. R. wrote:

Well, I'm considering a slightly different case here (based on mine).
I'm (my phone is) on a 10.*.*.* network, as would be the asterisk
server on the ISP. Both on the same network.

Right.

And then thinking how would I make a call to a SIP phone on internet.
If the asterisk server sits on both networks, it would handle it
completely, I think.

A SIP-call is typically done with a URL sip://someone@domain - from
<domain>, the SIP client determines which server to contact and that's
pretty much it. With a SIP-client on 10/8, you could do the same, but
only if your telco has a NAT facility. Which I don't see any reason for
them to have. If you do it from your normal internet connection (e.g.
with a softphone), NAT'ed or otherwise, it should just work. (STUN and
keep-alive don't matter). If you want to play with it, I'll be happy
to set up a SIP account on our Asterisk.

Oh, thanks, but I'm not in a hurry to real test it :-)
I'm just curious.

You are right, the telco has no reason to do it. It would be incoming
calls which would be more of a problem.

I did some experimenting with asterisk on a lab few years back, we
played a lot. But not this particular situation.

One idea of mine is to figure out if it is possible to do SIP with my
telco (emulating POTs), and then setup a little asterisk at home to do
call screening. But I'm not on a hurry to try it out, either.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)