Re: [opensuse] VoIP ATA does NOT need to have a foxed address, only the ISP does
On 05/27/2016 05:28 PM, James Knott wrote:
On 05/27/2016 08:44 AM, Anton Aylward wrote:
If the technologists that are behind my service provider say "no need
for STUN" and the ATA I use works, and believe me I do get incoming
calls, then there's something else going on.

Perhaps that little box is doing STUN. The way to be sure is to use
something like wireshark to see what's being sent over the line.

It is not using STUN.
It is configured not use STUN. That's not ticked off and the STUN
Address field is blank.
The service provider EXPLICITLY said not to use STUN.
I've asked that a number of times and they insist.

I'm not breaking open this box lest whatever magic makes it work without
STUN leaks out :-)