Re: [opensuse] [OT] European HAMNET - use of 44/8.
  • From: Greg Freemyer <greg.freemyer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 May 2016 16:50:11 -0400
On Fri, May 27, 2016 at 3:40 PM, Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Greg Freemyer wrote:

On Fri, May 27, 2016 at 2:43 PM, Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Carlos E. R. wrote:

On 2016-05-27 20:14, Greg Freemyer wrote:

On Fri, May 27, 2016 at 1:14 PM, Per Jessen <> wrote:
I went to a client site a few years ago. They were a manufacturer of
telco gear. Thousands of people at the location I went to.

When they first told me all their IPs were public, I tried to explain
NAT and that surely they were using public IPs for everything.

They corrected me. They had a class A as I recall. When they bought
a manufacturing plant from AT&T it came with a Class-A network.

It could be Lucent. I worked there. Yes, we had a class A, meaning
that AT&T had several. Now they are Alcatel-Lucent, so I suppose
Alcatel has an A class network, now.

It's all publicly available you know. The whois databases have it all.

The list of class A network owners may be public, but my client list
isn't!

Edward Snowden might have an opinion about that :-)

As I recall they very much did not want their name listed as one of my
clients. Remember I get called into sensitive situations at times.

I should think most of the time?

Documents I see are often very sensitive/confidential, but not so much
my being hired. Law suits are normally public so there are public
documents describing the lawsuit and sometimes saying I was hired.

I'd guess my highest profile case was Cisco vs Michael Lynn. Cisco
stock dropped a couple billion USD one day, I was hired the next. The
event in question was in the Wall street journal.

Greg