Re: [opensuse] European HAMNET - use of 44/8.
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 May 2016 20:58:58 +0200
Per Jessen wrote:

Carlos E. R. wrote:

On 2016-05-27 20:14, Greg Freemyer wrote:
On Fri, May 27, 2016 at 1:14 PM, Per Jessen <> wrote:

I went to a client site a few years ago. They were a manufacturer
of
telco gear. Thousands of people at the location I went to.

When they first told me all their IPs were public, I tried to
explain NAT and that surely they were using public IPs for
everything.

They corrected me. They had a class A as I recall. When they
bought a manufacturing plant from AT&T it came with a Class-A
network.

It could be Lucent. I worked there. Yes, we had a class A, meaning
that AT&T had several. Now they are Alcatel-Lucent, so I suppose
Alcatel has an A class network, now.

It's all publicly available you know. The whois databases have it
all.

For instance:

3 = General Electric Company
4 = Level 3 Communications, Inc.
6 = Headquarters, USAISC
7 = DoD Network Information Center
8 = Level 3 Communications, Inc.
9 = IBM
10 = Internet Assigned Numbers Authority
11 = DoD Network Information Center
12 = AT&T Services, Inc.
13 = Xerox Corporation
14 = APNIC