Re: [opensuse] European HAMNET - use of 44/8.
On Fri, May 27, 2016 at 1:14 PM, Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
This is really OT, but as I mentioned it here very briefly -
this is a very interesting presentation:

http://www.tapr.org/pdf/DCC2014-TheEuropeanHAMNET-DG8NGN.pdf

Makes me almost want to go active again, though I guess I would need to
convert to an HB callsign.

Amazing to think that there is an entire class A network in private
hands.

I went to a client site a few years ago. They were a manufacturer of
telco gear. Thousands of people at the location I went to.

When they first told me all their IPs were public, I tried to explain
NAT and that surely they were using public IPs for everything.

They corrected me. They had a class A as I recall. When they bought
a manufacturing plant from AT&T it came with a Class-A network.

Greg