Re: [opensuse] VoIP ATA does NOT need to have a foxed address, only the ISP does
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 May 2016 15:06:39 +0200
Anton Aylward wrote:

On 05/27/2016 08:05 AM, Per Jessen wrote:
Maybe you're just using black magic or maybe you're not behind a NAT
router or maybe you are using STUN or keep-alive, but you don't know.

I am behind NAT, that I'm sure of :-)
I an NOT using STUN, that I'm sure of ;-)

I have not sacrificed any chickens, virgins or made incantations from
ancient and obscure books bound in human skin. That, too, I'm sure of
:-)

What I do think, and Andrei seems to hint at this, is that there's
more to this technology and its implementation than you (or I for that
matter) seem to know about.

I still suspect a keep-alive enabled by default. Your device looks a
lot like my Linksys SPA2102, just a more modern cousin. Mine has
default 15 seconds keep-alive.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (24.7°C)