Re: [opensuse] VoIP ATA does NOT need to have a foxed address, only the ISP does
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 May 2016 14:43:41 +0200
Carlos E. R. wrote:

On 2016-05-27 14:05, Per Jessen wrote:
Maybe you're just using black magic or maybe you're not behind a NAT
router or maybe you are using STUN or keep-alive, but you don't know.

Yes.

In my case, it is done on a little box placed before the router, and
it uses a 10.*.*.* network.

Which makes a lot of sense. I'm sure that is what Swisscom and Deutsche
Telekom will be doing that too to replace ISDN BRI - possibly with ipv6
instead. I've been meaning to ask Swisscom to send me a test box and
set up a test line for me. (business customer, and we have some spare
lines).

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (23.7°C)