Re: [opensuse] VoIP ATA does NOT need to have a foxed address, only the ISP does
On 2016-05-27 13:04, Anton Aylward wrote:

I've tried persuading many of my friends&relations to use VoIP but to be
honest, the only people who seem the least bit interested in talking to
me on the phone are my doctor/dentist calling to confirm/remind
appointments and headhunters who insist on phone interviews, which I
consider as lame and useless as email interviews, after all so much of
meaningful communication is face to face, non-verbal..

If you (and I) had a real VoIP phone replacing the old POTS in your
home, you could do call screening. You could route those calls to a
machine asking questions before it decides to bother you with a ring -
or refusing. Just what they do to you when you call them.

Must real people phone my mobile (cellular).

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)