Re: [opensuse] VoIP ATA does NOT need to have a foxed address, only the ISP does
On 2016-05-27 09:05, Per Jessen wrote:
James Knott wrote:

If they're behind NAT, they need some means to tell the other end what
their real address is. STUN does that. It also wouldn't be necessary
if NAT wasn't in the way.

Yep, like I said you make it out to be a big deal. The STUN server took
about 5mins to set up and it runs and runs and runs. The telephone is
configured to enable STUN when it's provisioned. NAT is a fact of
life, likely will be for quite some time to come. When everyone has
public addresses, we can stop the STUN server, woohoo.

Well, it is a blocker if /I/ want to play with asterisk at home.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)