Re: [opensuse] VoIP ATA does NOT need to have a foxed address, only the ISP does
On 2016-05-27 03:52, James Knott wrote:
On 05/26/2016 05:12 PM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
Well, IPv4 would work, of course, but normal people don't get internet
v4 addresses for inside the home. You have to pay extra for them. With
IPv6 you get those routable addresses at the same price.

Actually, I get a real address from my ISP and have for years.

Yes, you may get one. But not a bunch, so that each device inside your
home gets one.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)