Re: [opensuse] VoIP ATA does NOT need to have a foxed address, only the ISP does
On 05/26/2016 05:06 PM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
On 2016-05-26 22:51, Anton Aylward wrote:
On 05/26/2016 01:28 PM, James Knott wrote:

I'm sorry, no you don't need a STUN server.

Perhaps some service providers configure their systems so to make it
necessary, but mine certainly doesn't!

In fact they insist that a STUN is NOT to be configured.

Because you have a router that understands VoIp. Or the form of VoIp
that your ISP uses.

No I do NOT have a VoIP aware router.

And as far as my service provider goes, didn't I say that?

As far as I understand what they tell me, its Asterix (?sp?) and its
just a matter of how its configured.