Re: [opensuse] Does 13.2+ work with shorewall properly yet? Read about wicked/systemd woes
On 24/05/16 11:52, cagsm wrote:
On Tue, May 24, 2016 at 11:17 AM, Bob Williams <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
In the past few days I have set up shorewall on my desktop computer, running
openSUSE Leap 42.1, which also connects to some other machines on the LAN. I
am a total newbie with regards to firewalls, but I found shorewall easier to
understand than SUSEfirewall2 and better documented, with numerous examples.
The one problem I had was quickly solved on the shorewall-users mailing
list, and even that problem could have been sorted by me RTFMing a bit more
than I had.

Okay so thanks for this valuable hint, I was simply coming back to
this existing thread on the opensuse ml which spoke about some
lackings of opensuse to work with shorewall. Now that you are
reporting that you managed to run it on leap, i will try as well as
soon as possible. Which shorewall version and in what technical ways
did you install on your leap? What do they speak about leap and
shorewall on the shorewall lists? Thanks for helping.

I'm using shorewall 4.6 from the openSUSE OSS repo, installed using zypper. I followed the examples online and in the man pages to setup the various scripts (policy, zones, interfaces, rules etc).

No one commented on the fact that I'm using Leap when I posted my question, even though I included that information.

Bob
--
Bob Williams
System: Linux 4.1.20-11-default