Re: [opensuse] Does 13.2+ work with shorewall properly yet? Read about wicked/systemd woes
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 May 2016 12:27:46 +0200
James Knott wrote:

On 05/24/2016 02:30 AM, Per Jessen wrote:
cagsm wrote:

On Sat, May 21, 2016 at 9:03 PM, Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
Why does wicked need to know about firewalls anyway?
Isnt wicked in charge of the whole networking stack and stuff in
coop with systemd. There cant be no shorewall without wicked
compatibility as far as I understand. Apparently shorewall has some
references or support to systemd, but wicked is opensuse specialty
only am I wrong?
wicked knows nothing about my own firewall script. I have maintained
my
own for years, from before SuSEfirewall, and it works just fine. A
firewall is nothing but a collection of iptables rules. I don't see
much reason for wicked to know about it.

If it does have a need to fiddle with the firewall, wicked ought to
provide some hooks which every firewall can interface with.

Maybe you should do what I did and switch your firewall to pfsense.
It just works.

So does my firewall, has done for years :-)

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (11.9°C)