Re: [opensuse] Does 13.2+ work with shorewall properly yet? Read about wicked/systemd woes
On 21/05/16 18:45, cagsm wrote:
On Tue, Feb 10, 2015 at 11:38 AM, Togan Muftuoglu <toganm@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
And since I am the maintainer of shorewall packages the answer will be same,
wicked has to stop thinking there is only SuSEfirewall2 as a firewall package

Is there news on the shorewall and wicked or systemd stuff? I read
about shorewall iteration 5.0 recently and they speak about systemd
and new technology stuff in recent linux distributions. Does nobody at
all run shorewall on current opensuse any more? I would like to have
shorewall again on suse, which I had nicely running in the past.
Thanks.

In the past few days I have set up shorewall on my desktop computer, running openSUSE Leap 42.1, which also connects to some other machines on the LAN. I am a total newbie with regards to firewalls, but I found shorewall easier to understand than SUSEfirewall2 and better documented, with numerous examples. The one problem I had was quickly solved on the shorewall-users mailing list, and even that problem could have been sorted by me RTFMing a bit more than I had.

Bob
--
Bob Williams
System: Linux 4.1.20-11-default